During this course, you will focus on installing, configuring, and managing VMware vRealize Automation.
You learn about the configuration and use of the vRealize Automation platform, including self-service provisioning and the creation of catalog services that include predefined virtual machines, software components, and on-demand VMware NSX networks.
This course also covers interfacing vRealize Automation with other systems using VMware vRealize Orchestrator to leverage workflows, creating approval cycles, and managing machine lifecycles to conserve resources. In addition, you will better understand and know how to achieve the benefits of automation as a component of the software-defined data center.
This course requires completion of one of the following courses:
• VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.x]
• VMware vSphere: Fast Track [V6.x]
Experience with working at the command line is helpful.
This course requires that a student be able to perform the following tasks with no assistance or guidance before enrolling in this course:
• Create VMware vCenter Server objects, such as data centers and folders
• Create a virtual machine using a wizard or a template
• Modify a virtual machine’s hardware
• Migrate a virtual machine with VMware vSphere vMotion
• Migrate a virtual machine with VMware vSphere Storage vMotion
• Configure and manage a vSphere DRS cluster with resource pools.
• Configure and manage a VMware vSphere High Availability cluster.
• If you cannot perform all of these tasks, it is recommended that you complete one of the prerequisite courses before enrolling in VMware vRealize Automation: Install, Configure, Manage.
Outcome of the course, at the completion, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
• Describe the vRealize Automation architecture and use cases in cloud environments
• Install and configure vRealize Automation
• Manage vRealize Automation entities on VMware and third-party virtual and cloud infrastructures
• Configure and manage catalogs, containers, and blueprints
• Configure and manage business groups and reservations for compute resources
• Use the self-service portal to request and manage machines in accordance with vRealize Automation approval and governance policies
• Use customize properties and property groups in blueprints
• Develop and use custom forms
• Manage and monitor machines and resource reclamation
• Configure and manage event broker subscriptions
• Understand vRealize Automation extensibility and workflows
• Use vRealize Automation to deploy and manage containers
• Integrate vRealize Automation with third-party products
VMware vRealize Automation: Install, Configure, ManageComplete interactive and Hands on learning experience with our Trainer.